IQA – Internal Verifier – Assessor
Experience & Qualifications summary
• Time served bricklayer
• City & Guilds Craft certificate in bricklaying
• City and Guilds Advanced certificate in brickwork
• Over 25 years’ experience working on a variety of construction jobs and work based
educational learning projects with employers in the industry
• Qualified brickwork lecturer / trainer / assessor and internal verifier
• Teacher trained (Cert Ed)
• Higher National Certificate in Building Studies
• NVQ 4 Management qualification
• Member of a Cross College teaching observation team for 12 years conducting observations in Construction, Engineering and Community Learning encompassing a wide range of curriculum inclusive of English, Maths, ICT, Technical awards and NVQ programmes.
• Experienced in Quality Assurance, Curriculum development, Coordination of NVQ programmes and the management of external contracting.
• Joint management role of a construction section – Grade 2 OFSTED This role included responsibility for the construction sections retention, achievement and success rates, tracking awards, framework achievements, internal staff development, functional and basic skills delivery and preparing the section for OFSTED and ISO
• Management role coordinating all College wide NVQ programmes Grade 1 OFSTED
• Comprehensive track record in continuous professional development for his respective trade, the management of quality assurance systems for construction courses and educational initiatives and policies.
• Member of the Guild of Bricklayers
• Contracts Manager for work based learning, the role included working with external agencies, employer engagement, apprenticeships and the delivery of Management Qualifications up to and including level 6 awards and the delivery of Quality Assurance and Assessor awards to new Assessors / Internal Verifiers.
• Brickwork competition judge for the West Midlands and Welsh National final
• Trained 16 Regional Brickwork Champions, 2 Bronze medallists at National Level and 2 British Champion bricklayers. also trained 1 Olympic bricklayer for Skill Olympics in Soul, South Korea.
• Skill Build UK Brickwork Competition Manager for the West and East Midlands Regions
• Educational roles include the coordination and development of apprenticeship frameworks for bricklaying and National Vocational Qualifications for industry.
• Short listed for World Skills United Kingdom Technical Expert in brickwork for the Olympics in Japan 2007 after recognition of achieving a comprehensive competition training record in Regional, National and International Brickwork Competitions.
• TDLB 32/33/34/36 & A1 – V1 Updated
• Prevent Certification
• Qualified First Aider