Aimed at 16 to 19 year olds, this 6 month course is ideal for those who are looking for a work placement with a local company.
Starting in September, our traineeships give a great opening into the industry and an opportunity to secure an apprenticeship. Across this course expect to receive training for an award in bricklaying as well as maths lessons.
You will train for a range of practical bricklaying skills which cover:
- Spreading mortar and applying cross joints
- Gauging brickwork
- Setting out and measuring brickwork
- Building corners & straight walls
- Building brick pillars
- Building decorative garden wall brickwork bonds
- Applying joint finishes
- Building blockwork corners
- Building straight block walls
On this traineeship programme you will receive a bursary in line with attendance requirements at the centre, in addition to travel costs.